Monday, April 6, 2009

Native Youth Olympics (N.Y.O)

Native Youth Olympics also known as (N.Y.O) this year was really awesome. We have been going to other village to N.Y.O meets. Our first semester of N.Y.O, we went to Chefornak, Akula, and Kwethluk. First semester there was also a Napakiak meet but then we didn't go because the river was freezing up or we didn't know if it was safe to go on. When we went to the first meet which was Chefornak, we went by helicopter to Bethel because the river was trying to freeze and was really thin ice. I think thats all we went to and then this semester we went to Eek, Napaskiak, and Akula was the Districts meet. There also was Nunap but then we didn't go. Couple times I got first place in the events but then the only event that I got first place in every village we went to was Two foot.
I get to go state for two foot this year and also my dad (who is the coach) gets to go state. I am really excited to go. I am going with my cousin/best friend and that is really awesome because I'm going with my cousin/best friend and my dad. Well I guess thats all I have to say until next time I blog, Ok well later and take care people.

1 comment:

Danny89 said...

i wonder how it would have been if Mr. Meier let me join this but it is okay. i dont really like NYO but inside i do like it so it sounded fuf over i Anchorage. so yea good work at this great achevement. good jod is what i am saying.